Thursday, May 27, 2010

Meditation: The Powerful Voice of God

Lightning 14.07.2009 20-42-33

Image via Wikipedia

Passage
Psalm 29:4

Context
This is a Psalm of David celebrating the glory, majesty, and power of God.

Key Words
Voice, Lord, Powerful, Majestic

Message
I must admit that I feel a disconnect with this verse.  My experience with God's voice more resembles a quiet whisper that I have to strain to pay attention to than the majestic thundering that breaks cedars or shakes the ground.  I do not mean that to be irreverent I am just stating my experience. 

I can think of one moment in my life when the Glory of the Lord was revealed to me.  It was a awe inspiring experience.  It was a dream and in my dream I heard the "thundering voice."  I awoke gasping for air. I felt a tingling throughout my whole body and a warmth. As that feeling left me I began to feel an intense shame for all my sin so intense that have never felt before. I began to weep for the shame that I had brought to myself. Next I heard a small quite voice say �you are forgiven� and immediately the shame was lifted.

So the question that comes to mind for me is do I spend the rest of my days trying to find the thundering voice or do I simply put my trust in the fact that God is there. 

Ascribe to Yahweh, you heavenly beings, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. Ascribe to Yahweh the glory due His name; worship Yahweh in the splendor of His holiness.
Psalms 29:1-2 (HCSB)

I think this is the answer.  David is clearly saying to ascribe to God Glory, strength, Glory due His name (Yahweh), Worship, splendor and holiness.  Time for worship.

Bless You all!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: