Sunday, February 6, 2022

Faithful Love

We live in the midst of great unfaithfulness. Loyalty, kindness, and compassion seem rare in our culture.

God on the other hand does not change. He is faithful and loving. There is a Hebrew word that captures this trait of God (חַ֭סְדְּ) or (ḥesed). This kindness and graciousness toward the object of His affection is faithful love. This faithful love is so frequently connected to God’s mercy and grace it is easy to conclude that God’s faithful love is expressed to those that turn to Him and undeserving as they might be God shows them mercy. Here are some examples:

Psalm 6:4 “Turn, Lord! Rescue me; save me because of your faithful love.”

Psalm 13:5 “But I have trusted in your faithful love; my heart will rejoice in your deliverance.”

Psalm 23:6 “Only goodness and faithful love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord as long as I live.”

Psalm 25:7 “Do not remember the sins of my youth or my acts of rebellion; in keeping with your faithful love, remember me because of your goodness, Lord.”

There are so many references that have this word. Nearly 250 times this “Faithful Love” is mentioned in the Scripture.

One more God’s faithful love is connected to His patience with us when we miss the mark.

Psalm 86:15 “But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger and abounding in faithful love and truth.”

There is security in knowing the faithful love of God. We can turn to Him and experience the love of our Heavenly Father. In a world as unloving as can be it is a blessing to know we serve a God that loves us more than we deserve. We need only trust and obey to enter into and rest in God’s faithful love. God’s faithful love is peace to our souls in a world than knows nothing about peace.

Please know that we are praying for you. At times we do not know the names or the faces, but God knows. We care with a care that comes from God. God perfectly, we imperfectly as God enables us. Please know that a deep compassion for you all fills our hearts. We long for RBC to be a community that reflects God’s Faithful Love!

God Bless You

~BJ Olson

 

No comments: