Thursday, May 6, 2010

Meditation

God has put it on my heart to share some of my meditations with you.  I wrote a post a while back on the subject of meditation.  I will be posting for the next little while what God is showing me through meditating on His Word. 

Now we ask you, brothers, to give recognition to those who labor among you and lead you in the Lord and admonish you, and to regard them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves. And we exhort you, brothers: warn those who are irresponsible, comfort the discouraged, help the weak, be patient with everyone. See to it that no one repays evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good for one another and for all.
1 Thessalonians 5:12-15 (HCSB)

The context of this passage is a letter to the Church in Thessalonica. Paul is concluding his letter with a exhortation to the members of that church in how to live godly lives. 

Key words:  Recognition of those that labor, Admonish, Regard, Peace, Warn, Comfort, Help, Patient, Pursue Good.

God shows me that I need to recognize and honor those that minister to me.  I also see that ministry is not simply for the minister, but that I have an active role to play in being at peace with others, warning, comforting, helping the weak, having patience.   All of these ministries can be summed up with pursue what is good for others. 

Have a Blessed day.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: