Saturday, May 8, 2010

Meditation: Guarding Your Heart and Mind

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your graciousness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7 (HCSB)

Context:  In this passage Paul has finished discussing the theology of Christian living and now he is giving practical advice of how to live out that theology. 

Key Words:  Rejoice, Graciousness (Gentleness), The Lord is near, Don't worry, Prayer, petition, thanksgiving, Peace of God, guard heart and mind, in Christ Jesus

This passage is full of truths.  I think I should stay on it for a few days.  Yesterday God was showing me that I needed to me more gentle.  Today my meditation is that the peace of God guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.  I especially note that my heart and mind need this guarding and that my position is in Christ when this occurs. 

 

Have a Blessed Day. 

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: